The New York Mets (41-36) continue their series with the Los Angeles Dodgers (43-34) tonight in LA at 10:10 PM ET. The game can be seen on SNY.
#Mets Fri. lineup at LA: Torres-CF, Tejada-SS, Wright-3B, Davis-1B, Duda-RF, Murphy-2B, Nieuwenhuis-LF, Thole-C, Dickey-RHP
— New York Mets (@Mets) June 29, 2012
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 29, 2012
RHP R.A. Dickey (11-1, 2.31 ERA) will take the hill for the Mets.
RHP Aaron Harang (5-4, 3.81 ERA) will take the hill for the Dodgers.
- I am an Andres Torres fan. I’m sure some of you don’t like him, but he can get on base, steal second, and score. Terry Collins always says, “When Andres gets on base, he scores.” I’d like to see Torres continue his base stealing and recent solid hitting. However, he needs to start getting hits against righties because the Mets have the best outfield lefty killer in baseball right now–Scott Hairston.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis needs to get things going. He’s hit that rookie wall. It may take some time for him to get going again, but we all know that he can hit the ball and that he’s gonna be a good big leaguer in the future.
- David Wright has had an incredible season. To make it even better, I’d like to see him hit his 10th homerun before the halfway mark of the season, which is three games after tonight’s game.
- This is a pretty important game for R.A. I’m not worried about him. He was bad against the Yankees, but amazing before that. I’m sure last game was one of those bad games that all starting pitchers have now and then.
- I hope I don’t fall asleep during this game. It’s pretty late on the east coast, and I’d like to see all of the game. Help keep me up by sending tweets to me. By the way, you should: Follow @MetsOnline